Attention: this site will be decommissioned on 7 June 2023
Please refer to: http://1972.myusna.com
The Class of 1972 has adopted a Vision of enabling class members to “Give Something Back” to USNA as a way of supporting the mission of the Academy. The Class has set goals and objectives that will provide opportunities for our members to become more involved in USNA through financial support, sponsorship, mentorship and support of the Brigade. Our 5-year plan focuses on avenues of service that are achievable and meaningful.
Our class is actively engaged in the following activities:
- Funding the Distinguished Military Professor for Character chair
- Participation in leadership (Capstone) seminars with midshipmen
- Recognizing leadership excellence in 20th Company firsties
- Assisting 20th Company with wardroom & memorabilia needs
- Providing graduates with a copy of the US Constitution
- Providing “care” packages and graduation gifts to the sons & daughters of USNA ’72ers
- Recognizing leadership excellence aboard USS MAHAN (DDG-72)
- Developing a database of members to improve communications
- Encouraging monetary, tax deductible giving to USNA through the USNA Foundation
- Encouraging donations directly to the class of 1972
- Promoting enduring class friendships at Navy Football tailgaters
- Providing appreciation for our classmates in memoriam
Please examine the attached webpages that address these items. Do not hesitate to contact any class officer to find out more about these activities, and specifically to determine ways in which you can participate.
Please take the time to keep your Company Rep informed about your most current email address so we can keep in touch with you; and pass along any website suggestions to the webmaster.
Facebook: see the link at the bottom for our “members only” Facebook group.
>>====>> 50th Reunion 28-30 Oct 2022 (Annapolis) <<====<<